Quality, Care & Guarantee
Many factors can influence the wear and tear of your jewellery. Here are some tips & trics to help you keep your jewellery looking its best so that you can enjoy wearing them.
HOW SHOULD I TAKE CARE OF MY JEWELLERY?
* Always store your jewellery pieces individually, preferably in your Louve Collection linen pouch so that they don’t rub together, scratch or tangle. Also remember to keep your chains fastened so they don’t become tangled.
* Take care to avoid extreme humidity or heat as this may cause tarnishing. Your gold-plated jewellery should be kept in a dark, cool and dry place.
* Your jewellery is particularly susceptible to damage from the effects of chemicals present in perfume, hairspray, make-up, nail polish remover, body oils, sun tan lotion and deodorant.
* Do not keep jewellery in direct sunlight as exposure to sunlight can cause many gemstones to fade and lose their colour.
* Do not swim or shower while wearing gold-plated jewellery, and remove rings when washing your hands. Chlorine, salt water and fresh water can damage precious metals and gemstones by dulling or eroding them.
HOW SHOULD I CLEAN MY JEWELLERY?
Clean your jewellery carefully with a soft cotton ball or cloth; this helps maintain or restore its shine. If your gold plated jewellery needs more cleaning you may use a mild washing up liquid with warm water and a soft toothbrush. Pat dry with a soft cloth.
Avoid using chemical-based cleaning solutions or abrasive jewellery cleaners as these contain harsh chemicals and can destroy your jewellery over time.
DOES YOUR JEWELLERY CAUSE AN ALLERGIC REACTION?
If you are allergic to gold-plated earrings, or get a rash or itchy reaction when wearing them, try putting a little bit of clear nail varnish on the post and scroll. When it eventually wears off just re-apply it.
All our pieces are guaranteed for 6 months from the original purchase date (with proof of receipt).
If you have any problems with an item within the guaranteed period, please email us your order number and outlining the issue.